Tuesday, November 19, 2002

OK...I've been a little busy this past weekend to update the blog. Please forgive me. So here's the recap...

Friday - Party, Party, Party
As I said previously, it was Mia's birthday. We had a party for her at her school (Mommy's first time making sweets for the kids). The kids got cake, ice cream, rice krispies treats and brownie bites. Not to mention the treat bags I made for them to take home. Mia loved it and had a BLAST!! Plus with all the sugar these kids put away it was the perfect excuse for them to then go play in the "Bikes and Slides" area. Mia's grandparents came and we all had a good time all-around. The best part - not having to clean my house!! We went back to her father's house to open gifts. She got mostly books, a Dora the Explorer "We Did It" dancing doll, an art set and a...MAGIC SET. Mia is constantly making up her own magic tricks. Her dad and I figured we would help her out with some props.

Friday night we took Mia to dinner at Dave and Busters. She loves this place. She gets to eat and race cars and trucks and snowmobiles and motorcycles. (Did I mention she's a lot like her father - a speed demon?) Anywho, she had her favorite dinner (chicken and french fries) as did mommy (steak and potatoes). Plus the magician was there. He came by and did tricks and made balloon animals. Then the waitstaff came out and sang Happy Birthday to her. Through all this do you know what she said..."Can we go play games now?" Again, she is her father's child. She got to play every game that she asked to...except shoot 'em ups...too much violence! We didn't get back to her dad's house until 11:30 pm and she was immediately tucked and fast asleep.

Saturday - More Party, Party, Party
Mia is extremely blessed. She has 5 great-grandparents. Well her GG Forney turned 80 on Thursday (11/14) and there was a party for her on Saturday. The party was from 1 to 4 pm. What time did we get there? 4 pm. I was with someone who is terminally late. I think he's incurable. I know that I slept in until 1:30 pm. I had some extremely late nights at work. So when I asked what time it was and got 1:30 pm of course imagine my shock!! The next question...why did you let me sleep so late when we are supposed to be somewhere at 1:00 pm? No clear cut answer. I knew we were in trouble. Hopped out of bed and got Mia and myself ready only to find the offender has decided to take a nap (at 1:30!?!?!?). Needless to say, we were late. But I think I mentioned that already. The party was nice and it's always a good time with family and friends.

Saturday night we treated Mia to a surprise...the Harry Potter Movie! She couldn't guess what it was until we got to the movie theater and I told her we would be seeing a movie about a boy with a broomstick and we saw it last year - out pops Harry Potter?. It was a treat for us as well...we went to the new AMC River East 21 on Illinois Street...VERY NICE!!! 21 screens and validated parking ($6). Plus since it just opened, small popcorn was 25¢. You get to put on your own butter and salt...I was in popcorn heaven. The movie was good. I liked it...it was true to the book but a lot darker than the first movie. Mia liked it too...there were a couple of scary moments but she knows that it's just acting. On the way home we noticed that it was starting to snow. Home by 11:30 pm again...two late nights in a row!

Sunday - This is the day the Lord has made, be glad and rejoice in it!
I go to church every Sunday unless there is some extenuating circumstance (aka illness). I have to be there by 9:00 am for Sunday School and I pick up my grandmother on the way. After two late nights I did NOT want to get up...but I did. Well imagine my surprise when I got to my car and saw not only had it snowed...IT STUCK!! I had to clean off my car without the proper equipment. Anyway, I got to my grandmother's house knowing she would be waiting on me and she wasn't even dressed. Needless to say I was late for Sunday School...luckily I have competent teachers who start without me. Church was great...and there was a choir concert that afternoon. The concert was wonderful!! I love to hear the choir sing...it really moves my spirit. Unfortunately I cannot sing so you will not see me joining the choir anytime soon. It doesn't stop me from singing in my secure seat on the pew however...that and a lot of clapping and toe-tapping. It was a great event...I can't wait until they do it again in the Spring (hint, hint!!).

After church, Mia and I got the my house and crashed. It had been a long day and even longer weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment