Thursday, June 26, 2003

Summer Day Here I come

At my job we have summer days. Essentially these are days in addition to PTO that we can take between Memorial Day and Labor Day. This year we have 6 in total. 2 per month - June, July and August. Well I'm taking a summer day tomorrow. The Tom Joyner Morning Show is here with the Sky Show at the New Regal Theater, and it's featuring Parliament Funkadelic and Adele Givens. I'm making the extra effort to get up early and go. I can't wait. When they were here last year I took the time off and set my alarm for the wrong time and missed it. Obviously I needed the rest but I was disappointed. No such turn of luck this time. Plus I heard the New Regal Theater is closing on Monday so this will be my only opportunity to go there.

The Taste of Chicago also starts on Friday. I'm thinking about taking my daughter. I anticipate it being a slow day since it's the first and Erykah Badu will be performing. I've seen her in concert and she is great! After all this I will get some much deserved sleep.

Saturday is my town's annual picnic. If my daughter and I can't make it to the water park it looks like we will have some fun there. We can at least get a free hot dog and see some of the local young performers. Maybe we will get lucky and the carnival will be in town.

Sunday is church. We are honoring our graduates with an ice cream social - yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, delicioso. Plus I'm going out to dinner at the Greek Islands to celebrate a birthday. When it rains it pours and this means I won't have any plans for the next month or so.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment