Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Happy Post-Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a nice day of love. I remember growing up that my mom made Valentine's Day a big deal. It was not just a "lover's holiday" in our house. It was a holiday about love. So we all gave each other cards and small gifts. It was a day we could use to reinforce the love we have for each other. As a result, anytime I hear someone complain they can't celebrate Valentine's Day because they don't have a valentine, I'm a little mystified. As long as you have someone in your life that loves you and you love them you have a valentine. So I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day and got to spend it with someone they love. Plus all the candy and cards are discounted so you can always go out and get a little something in case you forgot.

On another note, MD and I are thisclose to closing on the house. The loan is approved, the insurance is bought, the seller has agreed to our requests based on inspection, the letter of committment is on it's way. We just are waiting on MD's tax refund. That will prove we have the money for the first two months mortgage. We are beyond excited but it ain't over until it's over so we are just taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment