Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Weekend Worries:
There were none. I spent the past weekend in the Detroit, MI area. My church is getting a new pastor (the installation is Sunday April 6) and my parents, daughter and I went to the ordination. It was really nice...the ordination, not the drive. The drive was 4.5 hours and we were speeding. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like if we were doing the limit. To be honest, I slept as much as possible - when I could. In between my daughter waking me up to talk to me. Obviously letting Mommy sleep wasn't high on her list of priorities like getting sleep was on mine. Anyway, we made it there without any mishaps. We checked into our motel, made a few calls and then went to dinner with our soon-to-be new pastor, his mom and family friends. We got back to the hotel and crashed.

Sunday, we got up and went to church. Back to the motel to check out and then to Coney Dogs for breakfast. Amazing as it sounds, the breakfast was delicious. My stepdad's cousin lives in the area. She's a bonafide blues singer - Sweet Claudette. She has out two albums on B4 Reel Records. We are very proud. We spent almost 4 hours in that little diner eating and talking and catching up. The waitress kept the coffee cups full and got a nice little tip out of it. Back to the church for the ordination - my daughter conveniently fell asleep on my lap. Downstairs to the reception and then on the road. We didn't get back home until after midnight. I intended to go to work on Monday. My body had other plans. Good thing too because I hadn't done my daughter's laundry or packed for her to go to her dad's house this week. I needed the rest and was able to get done what I needed to get done. Back to the weekly grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment