Friday, October 08, 2004

...

kt's mom died earlier this week. I sent him an email to offer my condolences but it seems shallow. There are never enough words for the people you know personally, and it's harder still to offer comfort to someone who for all intents and purposes is a stranger but you still are sad that they have suffered a loss. He seems very weary and grief-stricken and alone. And I think that's what bugs me. He seems very very alone. No one should have to go through picking up the pieces after a loved one passes alone.

Munchkin threw me off-guard earlier this week. She told me she didn't want me to die. It's very hard to explain to a 5 year old that every one dies and you don't know when it's going to happen. You don't know when God will decide your time on earth is up. You have to live each day to the fullest and enjoy all the moments you can. No one wants their mom to die but life isn't like that. I told her that she has to get older and so do I so I can be a grandma and a geegee (great-grandma) and someday I will die. I'll be in heaven waiting for her.

That's my hope for kt. That his mom is in heaven waiting for him. That he can find comfort from that thought. Maybe that's what I should have written in my email but the words wouldn't come. Funny how that happens. RIP kt's mom until he sees you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment