Thursday, January 06, 2005

Lazy Blogger

The new year has begun and I'm feeling like the lazy blogger. I could be like everyone else and blog about my Christmas and New Year's Eve shenanigans but I don't want to. I've never really been like everyone else and I don't intend to start now. Having a unique name has pre-destined me to be a unique - albeit stubborn - person. However I do owe some details on some of the things I mentioned in passing that a few astute readers caught...I'm pregnant.

Not a little pregnant either (as if there is such a thing), I'm in the 3rd trimester-we've been pregnant for a while-there's actually an end in sight type a way. Actually we did find out about it kind of late. If I hadn't gone to the doctor because I thought I was getting another kidney stone, I don't know when I would have found out. We are due in March. Early to mid March because we aren't "quite" sure when the moment of conception happened. But come the end of March we will have a baby. Munchkin is ecstatic. She wants a baby brother. If she had her way I would be having two babies so she, MD and I could all have a baby to hold. This girl is a trip. Squirm doesn't give a shit. Literally! As far as she's concerned she's the baby. I guess this is the drawback of having children this close in age. I got spoiled having a 5 year old and an infant. Now I'll have a 6 year old, a toddler and an infant. HOLY CRAP!! I'LL HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD, A TODDLER AND AN INFANT!! What was I thinking?

Actually, I was being good this time. MD and I used protection and everything. God is playing a cruel joke on me. I know He is laughing at me cause I can hear Him in my head. The Lord has a weird sense of humor and His sides have to be splitting on this one. Why the bitterness? Because you should be careful what you ask for that's why. When I was a much younger woman, I was always one to say that if I didn't have any babies by the time I was 30, I wasn't having any. Then that changed to if I wasn't finished having babies by the time I was 30, we would have to be happy with what we have. All in all, 30 was the cut-off. I turned 30 in May and figured that Munchkin and Squirm were it. A trip to the doctor and well guess who's 30 and having this last baby. God must be CRYING! You are laughing at me too, aren't you? I don't care. Be careful what you ask for. He will give it to you when you least expect it and probably think you don't want it.

For the record I know the sex this time. I have a feeling this is the last time we'll be going through this so I wanted to see. I have forbidden MD to tell though because ultrasounds have been known to be wrong. So we may still be surprised.

Why am I telling you all of this, because I'm a lazy blogger with posts that can be few and far between. Hopefully this little nugget will tide you demanding people over for a couple of days. :) If nothing else you got a good laugh at my expense. Well you and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment