Monday, August 27, 2007

Like Sands Through the Hourglass...

These are the days of our lives. Or better yet, we can count our days by the growth of our children. However you want to put it, we have come to a major milestone. Munchkin needs deodorant. I know some of you are thinking - isn't she only 3 years old? What could she possible need deodorant for? Hold onto your hats people. Munchkin will be 9 in November. Yes I said it out loud - 9 YEARS OLD! She has been hoping for months now to need deodorant. Well I don't think she realizes what comes with deodorant. In my book she has officially started "the change." Dundunduuuuunnnnn!

For those of you that don't know my family - which is a majority - we call anything hormone-related in a woman's life "the change". Munchkin is officially in puberty. I know this because she STINKS! Not little kid funk. I'm talking about sweating all night at the club funk.

This equates to her first change of life. How many changes will she go through remains to be seen. She has to survive this one. I think I am ready for the mood swings, pouty faces, training bras, boyfriends, slamming doors and punishment. MD is not. I don't even think he realizes that his is raising young women. They are just his babies. Life is about to get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment