Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Sister My Sister
Sister my Sister, can I speak with you for a minute?
No, I don't want to hear your business, cause I ain't trying to be in it.

I'd just like to talk with you if I could
and share my views on the lack of "real" sisterhood.

You see I'm guilty and maybe you are the same,
of judging my sisters without even knowing their name.

I look at their shape, comment on their hair
and talk about what they really should or shouldn't wear.

I roll my big eyes, I put my hands on my hips,
and not a kind word comes out of my "got the nerve" lips.

Why can't I just smile, wave and say "hey,
I'm down with you sister, have a nice day"

We need to stick together, it would be great if we could,
To promote unity, understanding and "real" sisterhood.

Without it we have nothing, why not go for it all,
for sisters united we stand, divided we fall.

So let's seize the moment, before the moment is gone.
Grasp this message Sister My Sister and PASS IT ON

No comments:

Post a Comment