Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Who Came Up with This Concept?
I have decided to abstain for Lent. For those of you that don't know Lent started on Ash Wednesday (March 5) and lasts until Easter Sunday (April 20). Needless to say it's going to be a long Lenten season. Usually I give up something for Lent that I know I can live without and while it's a challenge it won't be impossible (you know chocolate or popcorn or beef). This is the first time that I feel I may not make it. I'm not comfortable with that. Probably for that reason alone I'll make it. Only because I always rise to the challenage and I'm stubborn (aka feisty). I have a feeling that my temper my flare a few times in the next 6.5 weeks so don't take it personally if you find yourself on the end of a head-biting-off session. I still love you in my own way...I'm probably just feening. Why didn't I go the easy route and give up ice cream or something. Giving up food is a lot easier than something related to my spiritual well-being. I feel like a defiant child. So essentially I am giving up a physical temptation which in this case is a real sacrifice. I'm sure in the end, I feel much better...my spirit will be lighter. Right now I feel like crap...warm crap but crap still the same. Needless to say I'm in constant prayer so I'm trusting in the Lord to help me with this particular situation. He hasn't failed me yet so I have complete confidence that come April 21 I will not only have made it through the Lenten season without slipping up but feel much better about myself in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment