Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Baby Update

I subscribe to a BabyCenter newsletter. It tells me what should be happening with the baby each week. Here is this week's update:

Your baby's probably moving more than ever before. Some pregnant women even have trouble sleeping because their babies' kicks and rolls keep them up at night. If you're having this problem, comfort yourself with the knowledge that your baby is active and healthy. You're also getting some practice for all the sleepless nights you'll endure as a new mom. If you haven't already, now is a good time to start monitoring your baby's activity level. Twice a day count your baby's movements. Ideally, you should feel at least ten kicks, rolls, or swishes in two hours. If you notice fewer than ten movements in two hours or a significant decrease in the frequency of your baby's movements, tell your midwife or doctor immediately.

I can't tell you how true this is. I think the baby is practicing kung fu at night to get ready to keep up with Munchkin. It moves ALL the time. I don't know when it sleeps.

Not to mention the indigestion. To sum it up - I stink. I wake up around 2 am to either burp or fart. Preferably burp because that is instant relief and I can go back to sleep faster. This is the stinkiest baby making me the stinkiest mommy. I don't need a paternity test. This baby could not have been made by anyone else.

Other than that I'm doing well. Weight gain is good, my skin still glows and I am quite the fashionable pregnant lady. I really don't have any complaints. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment