Friday, January 16, 2004

Hello, Nurse!

MIT had her 2 week check up on 1/15. I can't believe she's been here for 2 weeks. Then I look in the mirror at my sunken in eyes and the milk-laden breasts and realize that not only is she here but I'm the mommy of an infant again. I have to admit having a child that sleeps through the night, picks out her own clothes and dresses herself really spoils you. It makes you wonder why you are doing this again and then you look at that little face that it totally dependent on you and you remember. MIT is precious. She and Munchkin look alike. You can tell they are sisters. She has the brightest little eyes (we don't know what color they are going to be) but she is so alert it's amazing. I always feel that when she opens her mouth (when she's not doing that to eat) she is going to say something profound.

Now let's back up to the eating. My daughter is greedy. As mentioned, we went to the doctor today. She's gained 8.5 ounces since she was born. She eats all the time. I literally feel like she spends most of her time attached to my breasts. The upside of this is that with my pregnancies I've gone from being a card-carrying member of the IBTC (itty-bitty titty committee) to wondering when I'll have my cover out for Jugs Magazine. The downside is sore nipples and no sleep. See, MIT latches on the feed and falls asleep. Mommy is awake and wondering how such a little person can eat so much and ONLY gain 8.5 ounces in two weeks. The doctor says she is completely healthy and doing well however and those are the words that every parent wants to hear at a check-up. MIT in the meantime, not only took a break from breastfeeding for the time we were in the office but also managed to flirt with her doctor. MD has trouble up his sleeve in a few years. I believe he was looking at Glocks online just the other day.

BTW, did I mention I have girls. 2 beautiful girls. I'm lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment