Wednesday, January 28, 2004

No witty title today

I've come to the conclusion that being at home with the baby all the time leaves little to blog about. I mean how many different ways can you serve up sore nipples, leaky breasts, spitting up and poopy diapers. I literally am down to leaving the house about once a week. I'm lucky if I can get a shower every other day or so. The sleep deprivation has long since set in and I wonder if I'm getting any good REM sleep during my 3 hour stretch that I get a night. The 1 to 2 hour catnaps I catch are giving me a grand total of maybe 6 hours sleep a day. Those that know me know I need a good deal more than that to be a nice, functional human being. The key word being nice. All I can say is the joys of motherhood!

On the positive side I am making the most of my 1 day out a week. This past weekend, MIT was baptised. So on Saturday I had a meeting at church followed by shopping for the baptism and myself (those gift certificates from Christmas came in handy), followed by picking up Munchkin and MIT's godmommy at the airport followed by dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. I left the house at 8:30 am and didn't get back home until 12:30 am. Needless to say I overdid it just a tad and was extremely sore on Sunday.

Sunday was MIT's baptism. We also held the baby shower. It was a nice event with friends and family and gifts. MIT pretty much slept the day away which is highly unusual for her. Needless to say I crashed when I got home. Although I only slept a couple of hours it felt like many more than that. Luckily MIT slept too so it was a blessed day all around.

P.S. The cat MD and I got for Munchkin must go. MD literally bet the shit out of it last week for its latest destructive act. That and the fact that it is the most aggressive kitten either one of us has ever seen and the fact that she doesn't seem to understand that getting on the nightstands and dining room table and counters will only lead to pain and punishment means that a new residence is imminent. t's realy too bad because she is a sweet kitten but she doesn't seem to be learning the house rules. Anyone want a 5month old kitten?

No comments:

Post a Comment