Friday, April 02, 2004

First Day of School

This is my first week back at work. So far, so good. I was a little anxious because I'm part a new team than I was on before so I'll be working on the same account but doing a little bit different work. Also my supervisor moved to a new account before I left on maternity leave and now I have a new one. New, new, new all around which leads to a little apprehension when you don't know what to expect. I worried for nothing.

With the advent of me going back to work, that means Munchkin returns to school and Squirm starts daycare. The cost alone is staggering, and MD and I are wondering what to do to save money. MD actually considering selling his car (which he loves) to save money. I don't say it often but I love that man. I suggested that refinancing might be a better option so he is looking into it. The best option would be to get cheaper daycare for Squirm but she is being watched by the same people that watched Munchkin when she was a toddler and the peace of mind doesn't seem to have a price tag.

Munchkin loves her new school. She already has homework. It's due next week. Her school also offers Spanish and dance classes so she will be joining those as well. I'm much happier already. We'll see how it pans out. The ladies at Squirm's daycare love her. She gets spoiled on a daily basis and couldn't be happier. I'm not really pumping now so she is on formula when she is away from me and let me tell you that the poop in her diapers looks like it comes from another planet. Overall we are all pretty happy - broke - but happy.

Babycenter gives the following update on Squirm for 3 months, First Week. She has been able to lift her head when placed on her stomach since birth. I'm curious if she'll do push ups. She had old lady arms so they could use a little toning. Actually she's pretty plump all over. Momma's milk is doing it's job. Hooray for thunder thighs on baby legs!

Your baby may be strong enough now to do mini-pushups, lifting his head and chest off the ground for a better view. To encourage him, try placing him on his stomach on a play mat for short periods of time every day. You'll be surprised at how quickly he learns to raise his upper body to see what's going on around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment