Monday, April 19, 2004

Weekend Wrap-Up

I haven't done a weekend wrap-up in so long because I haven't been doing much on the weekends to blog about. This weekend, however, was different. I actually had a life and I didn't know what to do with myself.

Friday
I had a happy hour to attend with my team. Our bosses rented a room at P.J. Clarke's and it was nice. Sometimes you really don't appreciate the need to get away and see your team members as people with lives until you socialize outside the office. I was only able to stay about an hour because I promised Munchkin that I would take her to church for family night. We were late but got to see a good portion of "Brother Bear". We went home and crashed.

Saturday
I slept until I woke up and it was about 2 in the afternoon!!! I certainly wasn't aware that I was as sleep deprived as I was. Luckily MD got up with the girls and made them breakfast and pretty much let me sleep. I'm lucky he's so good with them. He is the best hands-on dad. Especially since he had never changed a diaper until we had Munchkin and then he got a crash course in baby care.

I took a long shower - by myself. This is a treat because usually on Saturdays, Squirm is in the shower with me. She loves it. She's a water monkey just like her sister. I even got to wash my hair. The best part was that it was uninterrupted because MD, Munchkin and Squirm were all taking a nap. The cat didn't even peak in.

I got us ready for church the next day because I had a dinner party to attend that night. Munchkin got her hair combed and her dress laid out and Squirm got a bath. She got to take a shower by herself too. Then I was off to a dinner party hosted by Ursula. It was wonderful. I got to meet new people. Specifically, Lauriean, Aaron, Keidra, Bink and Carlos. Actually I already knew Carlos so it wasn't a new encounter but I hadn't seen him in ages so I did miss him a bit. The food was good, the company was good and it was nice to meet new people. I'm sure we'll have another gathering soon and I'm looking forward to it.

Sunday
Sunday is church day and this one was no different. I hadn't made it to church on Saturday to set up for communion so I made sure I got there early enough to do it. After service I participated in fellowship and then got ready for the choir concert that afternoon. I made sure to get out and take a walk to the neighborhood store so I could say that I was able to enjoy the weather.

The choir concert rocked! (literally and figuratively) We were awesome. I can say this honestly because I asked various people their opinions and was told on numerous occasions that we sounded good. It felt good coming out too.

After church my grandmother fell. Mind you this woman is 82 years old and walks with a cane. She doesn't need to fall down anywhere. She had the misfortune to fall on the ground and hit her head. She blacked out for about 10 seconds. Emergency services were called and she was taken to the hospital where I spent then next few hours with my family waiting for her to be admitted. Needless to say I didn't make it home until very late. Luckily she is doing well - although bruised - and she should be going home soon.

Monday
I'm exhausted. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment