Friday, February 20, 2004

A Lot About Nothing

One of the things about being at hoome with Munchkin and MIT is that I have a lot of time to think about nothing. I mean, since I'm on maternity leave I don't have to wake up until late which is a good thing because staying up with the baby puts me into bed late. So here's a post with random thoughts from the week.

The Cat
The cat is now known as the cat. She doesn't respond to her name which is Squeak but if I say "Caaat" in a menacing voice she instantly stops what she is doing and looks to see if she is going to be punished. I feel like I spend most of my time punishing the cat. She has been delegated to the half bathroom because she doesn't behave. She gets out on good behavior. Once she is disobedient she goes back into the bathroom until the next day. Just this week alone I caught her drinking out of the toilet, playing in the bathtub, on the divider between the kitchen and the dining room, on the stove and just running around like she's lost her damn mind. I'm severely conflicted between packing her off to the animal shelter and giving her chances. I must admit her time in the bathroom has improved her behavior but I don't know if it's enough. Munchkin has already offered to give the cat to Gommie (her grandmother, my mother) but Gommie doesn't want her either.

The Baby
dooce just had a baby and when I read her blog (which is better written and more up to date than mine) I feel a distinct kinship. Her baby is about a month younger than MIT but I feel her pain and her joy. The fact that she already manages to update her blog on a regular basis makes me insanely jealous.

I'm just getting to the point where I am washing my face, brushing my teeth and putting on clean clothes everyday. I manage a shower every other day which isn't so bad since I don't leave the house save for Sundays when I go to church.

On another note I think I'm going to have to give the baby a new nickname. While by default she is a munchkin-in-training (MIT) she is so active and squirms so much that Squirm seems a better suited moniker. Who knows? It might change again next week. The thing that won't change is the fact that she is beautiful and I've been given the chance to fall in love again.

My Mom
My mom told me she was proud of me on Sunday. Actually she tells me on a regular basis. I believe it's because she thinks I'm a good mom. Ultimately I don't care why. I don't care what age you are,nothing is as satisfying as your parents telling you they are proud of you. It makes me feel good inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment