Friday, February 13, 2004

Parenting 101

MD and I are increasingly dissatisfied with Munchkin's school. When we picked the school initially the selling factor was that there was designated parking for parents. The city took that parking over without warning about 6 months ago. Needless to say parking is a nightmare now and we find ourselves parking illegally more often than we find ourselves getting a meter - which costs 5 minutes for a quarter. MD and I have decided that for now it would be better for Munchkin to stay home with me while I'm on maternity leave. While this will save us money for the next few weeks it gives me more work to do.

MD asked me if I was upset about the prospect of Munchkin being home earlier than I expected. Not really. It just means that I have to accelerate the plans that I was trying to put into place. Most importantly we need to do activities every day for her learning other than watching Playhouse Disney.

The next few weeks will prove challenging but in the long run I believe it will be for the best. Now I just have to get a schedule established that works for all parties (Munchkin, me and MIT) involved. At the same time I need to find a new school for Munchkin and daycare for MIT. Affordable and schooling and daycare shouldn't be this difficult but not surprisingly it is. Munchkin's school was running us $145 a week. The was for full-time care and included 2 snacks and lunch. Plus the occasional field trip and visits to the park during the spring and summer. She loves school. I think she really just likes making friends. The only bad part of this deal is that we pulled her and she didn't get to say good-bye to the friends she already made. We may have to plan a special visit for her to do that.

In the meantime if you know of any good childcare centers I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment