Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me Part Deux

I realize that I never blogged about my birthday. And I have no good reason. I received several well wishes and had a great time. First let me address the well wishes:

Chrishawn wrote:
Happy Birthday Ayaba! Hope it's a good one cause you deserve it. Aren't good genes wonderful?!?!

Good genes are wonderful. I am blessed to have them and my birthday was definitely a good one.

--------------------------------------------------------------
kt wrote:
30 didn't bother me as much as I'm worried that 40 will. There's a site out there asking the ages of bloggers. They've got one blog listed done by an 80+ year old.

Happy Birthday!


I hope I am still blogging when I'm 80. I hope I have something to blog about when I'm 80. Well besides the damn kids walking on my lawn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sasoozie wrote:
Wow !!! Happy Birthday. I hope it was all you dreamed of.

Welcome to your thirties, it's an interesting place


I didn't have any expectations for my birthday so it was great. I know plenty of people in their 30s. I don't know if I would call them interesting, mentally unique perhaps, but not interesting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jr said
Happy Birthday to you. Hope your day was good as well as the next decade. Half way to 60!!!

I never thought about this being half-way to 60. I'm still focused on being young and cute and the "hip" mom. Why would I worry about being halfway to 60? What happens at 60? Arrgggghhhh! And I was doing so well with being 30.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khandi said
Happy Birthday! Hope you did something really special for the big 3-0.

I did do something special. My mom put together a boat cruise on Lake Michigan. It sounds corny. Frankly I thought it might be but when your parents plan something for you, you are grateful and happy. The cruise was AWESOME!! We got a buffet lunch with the dessert tray from heaven. Munchkin danced and danced and the weather was beautiful. I have pictures to prove it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
andrena lamented:
Happy Birthday!!!! I remember my 30th! sigh.....that was many moons ago! and still going strong!!!!!

hope you made it memorable!!! Life is just beginning!


I hope I'm still going strong many moons from now. I thought life began at 40.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carla wished:
Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks Carla! I had the best day. Turtle cheesecake instead of birthday cake. It doesn't get much better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ursula said:
Happy Belated Birthday!

Thanks for thinking of me Ursula!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shasta said:
OMG! I'm so faulty! I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday!

:::Go Ayaba, it's your birthday, get busy...:::

And nevermind about "30 dread". It's ALL about "Dirty 30!" :-D


I'll take all birthday wishes - belated or otherwise. I'll also accept gifts that way. :) Believe me, they played house music on the cruise so there was definitely a little "Dirty 30" going on. IT'S TIME FOR THE PERCALATOR!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least, my wonderful mother had this to say:
30 years ago was a bright sunny day and I had given birth to the most beautiful baby girl in the world. And I haven't looked back since either. As I cried with tears of joy, I thought I could never be happier. And now that beautiful baby girl has become a beautiful woman and mother. I could cry some more! I am so BLESSED! I look forward to the next 30 years 'cause as you said, I've got good genes!

I don't have a reply. My mom gets the last word - as usual. Thanks again for the birthday wishes. I am truly blessed and hope to have many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment