Monday, June 07, 2004

New Voter Technology

I received an email to send my congressional representatives a note on the new electronic voting system. While I believe that technology can make our lives easier we should all be aware of what's going on - especially when it involves our right to vote. Please take a look at the note below and if you are so inclined, check out the website.

Dear friend,
I hope you will join me in signing this petition from MoveOn. It's about the new electronic voting terminals that are being installed in many states.

http://www.moveon.org/protectourvotes/

Too many are "black box" voting machines -- computer terminals that don't produce paper ballots. Without paper ballots, there's no way to know if our votes are counted correctly. Also, computers are vulnerable to malfunction -- how often does yours freeze up?

Every voting method should produce a paper ballot, so we can verify that our votes will count. Join me in calling for paper ballots, at:

http://www.moveon.org/protectourvotes/

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment