Monday, May 19, 2003

I'm sad to announce that my birthday weekend was less than stellar. My weekend was spent in Cincinnati as recently reported and it was pretty boring. The drive down on Friday (actual day of birth) took about 5 hours...plus another hour lost with the time change. I then spent the rest of the evening meeting. I got into bed around midnight, overslept and was late to the meeting that started at 8 am on Saturday and pretty much lasted until 8 pm. I did get to see "Two Can Play That Game" which was an interesting movie. I went back to my hotel and crashed (aka nap before going out). The going out part didn't happen because all parties didn't sync up until midnight and by that time my nap had turned into 'good' sleep. In other words, I wasn't getting out of the bed. I got up Sunday in time to get dressed, pack and get back on the road. I got home, picked my daughter up from her father and went home. I made her a snack (aka watermelon...hmmm, hmmm, good!), told her not to wake up mommy and took a VERY long nap. I hate to be shallow but I was a little disappointed in the gifts too. Some people that I knew I was getting a gift from failed to produce. This same person is looking for a gift on Father's Day...we shall see. My weekend ended on a pretty low note and I'm a little bummed. I had to spend my birthday away from family and it sucked. The big 3-0 has got to be better than this. But I will keep my head up and look forward to this my twenty-last year.

P.S. My cold has not improved very much. Although I can breath out of one nostril now I'm still congested and feeling run-down. More fluids for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment