Tuesday, December 30, 2003

1 Day Overdue and Counting...

MIT was officially due December 29. Obviously MIT has not made its grand entrance because I sit here typing this entry. I went to the doctor Saturday and was told I'm only 2 cm dilated (ONLY 2 CM!!!). It's time to take matters into my own hands. I also had to have a non-stress test. This is done to make sure the baby isn't under any stress by measuring the number of movements within a certain amount of time. MIT passed with flying colors. No-stress for the baby, lots of stress for Mommy. The grandparents on are high alert. Every time we call them the first question is "Is it time?" I asked my mother if every conversation was going to start like that she said "Yes. Is it time?" No it's not time!! So the nurse gave me some other options to "jumpstart" labor.

1. Walk. This actually works. I walked when I was pregnant with Munchkin and had her the next day. MD and I have some errands to run around the house so we are going to walk. We're both fat and out of shape anyway so the walk will do us good. :)
2. White Castle Hamburgers. All I can say is blechhhh!!! It would be an act of total desperation for me to eat White Castle hamburgers. I mean total desperation as in all other options have failed. Complete, total and desperate act of depravity.
3. Good sex. Yes, I repeat, Good Sex. Coming from the nurse I wasn't shocked. I think this is the option the MD would prefer since my libido has been zero to the zero power and he says I'm neglecting him. Outside of cuddling which I always like - except in the middle of the night when I feel like a fiery furnace and resort to taking of not only all my clothes but the covers as well - sex is not top of mind.
4. Eat something to cause me to go into labor. What?? If I knew what it was that would cause me to go into labor I would have eaten it by now. This particular option sucks.

With all that said, I am ready. MD came home from work early today because he was concerned I would go into labor and he wouldn't be here. Munchkin isn't here. She got to go to a hotel overnight with her cousin. The idea of playing in the pool and sleeping away from home outstripped staying at home with Mommy while we wait for the baby to get here. What can I say? If I had the opportunity to get away I would too. So for everyone that is wondering, the baby isn't here yet and now it's time to experiment with labor jumpstarting techniques. Wish me luck. If I'm fortunate the next post will be about the new baby and where you can send gifts and presents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment