Tuesday, December 09, 2003

TGIM!!

For once in my life I can say TGIM!! (Thank God It's Monday). Why would I say such a thing? Let's recap my weekend.

Friday:
After a frightful start to my weekend on Friday (see below). I finished a day of work that I thought dragged on. Mostly because of the news I got in the morning. Work was the last place I wanted to be and I've never heard of anyone getting sent home because a beloved pet died. So I worked. Then I picked up Munchkin so she could spend the night at Gommie and PawPaw's house. We went shopping for chicken and then picked up her cousin and headed to the suburbs. Traffic was light so I can't complain there.

Once I got to my parents I proceeded to CLEAN and SEASON a 40 lb. box of chicken wings in preparation of the Holiday Bazaar that would be occurring at church on Saturday and Sunday. Once I finished cleaning and seasoning chicken. I helped Gommie label items for sale because we had a table at the Holiday Bazaar. I packed everything into my car and drove home. I didn't get there until 1:00 am. I left everything in the car and was BLESSED (I could have kissed the ground saying THANKYOUGODTHANKYOUGOD) to find a parking space in the lot outside my building. I was praying I wouldn't have to park on the street and He blessed me but good.

Fall into bed and slip into a coma until the alarm goes off.

Saturday - Bazaar day 1
I got to church by 9:00 am and unloaded the car alone. I know - you're pregnant and shouldn't be doing these things. Well there was no one there. I'm pregnant not handicapped and I was careful. I made several trips. I got everything out of my car and into the church and then some other parishioners showed up and took everything downstairs for me.

For the bazaar that would begin at 12:00 pm, I proceeded to start cooking aforementioned 40 lbs of chicken wings along with spaghetti. We were selling dinners at $3 a pop and needed to have chicken ready to go once the window opened.

It was a long day but 40+ dinners later we were finished selling and could start cleaning. By the time we finished and I got home, my body hurt. Pretty much from the waist down I was sore. I didn't realize how much until I took a nap (so what it lasted 5 hours) and tried to get up and my legs wouldn't cooperate. When I finally could move I should have had a walking aid (he, he).

Sunday - Bazaar Day 2
I was supposed to be at church to get ready for Bazaar Day 2 by 9:00 am. HA! Wishful thinking. I took a long hot shower to loosen up my muscles and proceeded to take my time. It was worth it. I got to church at 10:00 am to prep for the bazaar that would open at 1:00 pm. Needless to say I didn't get to participate in church services but made it upstairs for communion.

Sunday pretty much mimicked Saturday in the chicken cooking and selling department. Even though the bazaar ended later than Saturday we left two hours earlier. I wasn't as sore or tired either. I actually went home and put up the Christmas tree.

Monday:
I woke up and realized that I made it through another bazaar weekend. TGIM! MD did threaten to punish me for doing too much. I asked him how he was going to enforce it and he said he would sit on me. I laughed at him and went about my business but I am now in the process of scaling back. The next few weeks are going to be all about me and prepping for MIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment