Friday, December 12, 2003

Are We There Yet?

I think we (Munchkin, MD and I) are all getting to the point of when is the baby going to get here. Munchkin has already mentioned on numerous times this week that she wants the baby to get her NOW! Yesterday she told me she was sad because she wants the baby to be here. She's ready to play with her sister. Then she started to cry. I had to patiently remind her that the baby will be here soon enough to disrupt her little life. She laughed and then came and got in the bed with me later so she could make sure I slept OK and be close to the baby. She is the sweetest little girl and I think she truly knows what she is getting herself into. While she has asked for a sister, she acknowledges the fact that she could get a brother. She's happy either way and greets the baby each morning wanting to know what it's doing in there. She gives my belly a hug and kiss and leaves me with nothing. Hmmph!

MD is just ready to have another little fat face baby to play with and kiss and hug and get drooled on, pooped on, pissed on, spit up on, etc. (not necessarily in that order). He feels Munchkin's pain and is impatient.

I'm just ready because I'm tired. I go to sleep tired. I wake up tired. Putting on my shoes is a chore. I'm out of breath sitting down at work and not moving. My Braxton-Hicks contractions can become real ones and I wouldn't mind - except we aren't ready. We're supposed to get Munchkin's room ready for the baby and it's nowhere close. When I get home from work I don't have the strength to do anything and the weekends are few and far between. We got the crib out of storage and couldn't find the screws and now realize that we forgot two pieces. I can't search my storage space like I would like because I've gone from not supposed to lift anything to not being able to lift anything. I don't want MD to go in there because he just throws things around like since it's not his it isn't valuable. I can't watch it and not get pissed off. Nevertheless we are going to do it tomorrow. I'll just have to look away. We are still haggling over the car seat we want. Really the travel system we want. I haven't packed my bag or the baby's. It's packed in my mind but that is going to do me a lot of good when my water breaks and we're rushing out the door. We haven't discussed if Munchkin is going to stay at the hospital with us or with one of our sets of parents. Probably MD's parents because me parents are going to Alabama for the holidays. I'm a planner and a list maker. The list is made but in my mind there's no plan. I think I'm worrying about things that I really shouldn't but I'm pregnant and hormonal. What am I supposed to do?!?!?! So I worry. Sue me, it's not going to change anything.

I say all this to say what? We're ready emotionally if not physically for the new addition to our baby. I'm starting to get excited now that the time is getting closer. My last day at work is December 17 and as it draws closer I'm more and more anxious. The office pool at work has been started and my co-workers surprised me with a baby shower. I'm lucky, blessed and love. I guess I should stop worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment