Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Answer's to Shasta's Questions


  1. What are your thoughts on you personally adopting kids if you couldn't have your own? I'm all for it. I think that there are lots of children out there that need to be adopted. I'm would still adopt if I could afford it and who is to say I won't be able to in the future. Personally, too many kids get lost in the system because they get "too" old and no one wants them. Everyone want a baby but what about the child that has already started to grow up with parents. More people should consider adoption than do.
  2. Could you share some of the common misconceptions people might have about you until they really get to know you? I think that I am not the most approachable person so people may think I am shy or frigid or mean or a combination of all. In reality I'm pretty outgoing and witty and for the most part nice. I will admit that I don't warm up to everyone because I generally go on first impressions and my gut is usually not wrong.
  3. What's the most practical lesson you want to teach your girls that will stay with them for the rest of their lives? I think that I am already teaching it - or at least trying to. The thing I want them to know is that it is important to be beautiful inside and out. So many girls of color suffer from self-esteem issues that I think it is important to reinforce the idea that they are beautiful and worthy and important and confident and popular and can do anything they want to do. That by being a good person in the end that is what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment