Monday, February 24, 2003

My So-Called Weekend
This was a weekend that I can say I needed to relax and was glad I did. I stayed late at work on Friday because I had to get something printed (in color) and in the mail for delivery Monday by 9:00 am. luckily the 5 copies I needed to send printed first because right after that both color printers DIED. Let me just say Jam in area 4/System Fault = Belly-Up copier. Of course when I got to work today and reported them to Office Services (like the good little worker I am), they both worked fine. ARRGGGHHH!!! Saturday I stayed in bed. I got out of bed to eat, pee, and take a shower. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to take a bath, but cleaning the bathroom, let alone the tub, was not on my list of things to do. I pretty much spent the day reading. Since this is my favorite pasttime, I was deliciously happy and toasty warm in the heated heaven I call a waterbed. Sunday I went to church and then to a Black History Month celebration at my great-uncle's church. It lasted over 2 hours...the church started to get warm after a while and my child started to get restless. The saving grace was that the program was good, and I got to see a friend from high school that I haven't seen since her 21st birthday. Needless to say that was some 7.5 years ago. It makes me sad that I was so close to people in high school and have since lost touch. I'm not one of those people that gathers many people closely around me so when I see a tie that's lost I tend to take it personally. On the other hand when they come back into my life it's like they never left which just lets me know we were good friends in the first place. All in all it wasn't such a bad weekend afterall.

A Woman That Reads:
Since my trip to the library last Monday (2/17), I've read 6 - yes count 'em - 6 books. They have ranged in subject matter which is probably why I blew through them so quickly. Luckily I have about 6 more at home to read so I'm not worried about losing out on subject matter. I'm going to have to blog about each one separately (unless one is a sequel to the other) but I look forward to people getting to know me through my reading habits. What have I read so far:

Married Men by Carl Weber
The Alchemist by Donna Boyd
The Passion by Donna Boyd
The Promise by Donna Boyd
The Broke Diaries by Angela Nissel
What You Owe Me by Bebe Moore Campbell

I'll do my own online reviews later.

Cause Baby I'm A Star
Don't forget to watch Matthew Jones on Crossing Jordan tonight. He'll be towards the end of the episode. Watch closely and quickly. He thinks he may be too backlit to be really seen, but he has two lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment