Friday, February 14, 2003

Today is Valentine's Day. I want to say "Happy Valentine's Day" to all those in love and love someone. Valentine's Day has always been big in my house. I'm not sure why but I've always remembered it being that way. For that reason alone I'm wearing red today because I don't have a Valentine. I don't have a Valentine and I'm comfortable with that. You have to get to a point in your life where you are comfortable with you and I've reached it. It makes me a lot more tranquil and I find that I'm speaking my mind more rather than holding my peace. I feel like I'm transitioning into adulthood on my own terms which I rather like. A good portion of our lives is built around pleasing someone. Well currently that someone is me. Of course I say this because I'm not in a committed relationship but I think my views on that have changed in the past year as well. The change in me is being noticed by others and it's all good so I can actually say "Happy Valentine's Day" and mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment